Get The Skills and Insights to Build, Influence and Manage Future Real Estate Environments.
Offices, shopping malls, factories and houses are all buildings that surround us and impact our quality of life. Study at the University of Reading Malaysia for the BSc Real Estate and be equipped to actively manage and make your mark on built environments of the future.
Giving you maximum flexibility to design your degree to suit your own career goals, the first two years of this innovative programme focus on core studies in real estate. In the final year, you will then have an opportunity to specialise in one of the four areas of the property sector, either in Malaysia or the UK.
- Appraisal & Asset Management (Malaysia/UK)
- Development & Planning (UK)
- Investment & Finance (UK)
Throughout your degree you will gain an in-depth understanding of core subject areas such as economics, finance, business management, planning, valuation, law and construction. You will also have numerous opportunities to apply your new-found expertise in the real world, allowing you to develop industry-relevant skills that will make you a highly sought-after graduate as you begin your career journey in real estate or associated professions.
This programme is rated 1st in the UK for Land and Property Management, according to the Complete University Guide 2016.
The UK International Student Survey 2015 gave this programme an overall satisfaction score of 93%.
Core modules include:
- General Introduction to Law
- Introduction to Property Law
- Introduction to Planning and Building
- Introductory Economics for Business and Finance
- Investment Appraisal
- Projects in Real Estate and Planning (1)
Core modules include:
- Applied Property Law
- Management in the Real Estate Sector
- Planning Law and Practice
- Projects in Real Estate and Planning (2)
- Property Valuation
- Real Estate Economics and Investment
Core modules in Malaysia include:
- Applied Valuation
- Appraisal and Management Projects
- Property Development Appraisal and Finance
- Real Estate Management
Please note that all modules are subject to change.
This programme is recognised for further professional qualification with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), Royal Institution of Surveyors Malaysia (RISM) and the Board of Valuers, Appraisers and Estate Agents Malaysia (BOVAEA).
Please note that all undergraduate degrees from the University of Reading in the UK and in Malaysia are Honours Degrees.